Thursday, April 3, 2008

rugby stripes

I remember raiding my dad's closet and shopping in the boys' department for rugby shirts in the sixth grade. I think rugby shirts were kind of uncool for a while, but my closet is full of rugby stripe inspired t-shirts. (Believe it or not, I was even on a rugby team for a bit in college!) Lately, I've noticed a resurgence of that classic, preppy-ish look, much to my delight... just can't get enough of that thick, juicy stripe.

You too?Taffeta Rugby Skirt, JCrew, $175. Dress 'em up...Rugby striped terry tunic, Gap, $44.50. ...or down. This one looks so comfortable.

This would be so cute over a little Shade shirt. Love the colors. Rugby Babydoll Cami, Forever 21, $9.90.Rugby Hooded Cardigan, Forever 21, $30. A cute spring sweater.Xhilaration Square-Neck Stripe Baby-doll top, Target, $20.Rugby Stripe Tankini, Urban Outfitters, $48. Pretty swimsuit.
Nike Three Quarter Sleeve Stripe Hoodie, Nordstrom, $40. The wide bands of white are so flattering.Short sleeve rugby stripe shirt, Free People, $98. Hmmmm...green or yellow?

7 comments:

Kelli Radmall said...

That orange bathing suit is the swimwear of my dreams! I want to adopt it as my second child. I want to hug it and hold it. Really-I just LOVE it! I can't do a tankini though. I REALLY can't do a tankini, I don't want to be too graphic but I have some new lovely stretch marks in that important strip of skin area thanks to my first child! Gorgeous stripes!

Elizabeth Moon said...

Haha, yeah, me too. My "tankini" shows no skin at all right there...and I have the little skirt on at all times!

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i'm an ex-rugger also, so i have always loved rugby stripes. i especially love classic long-sleeved rugby shirts from polo. it's a style i like, that just-got-out-of-bed but look great "i just threw this together" (when really it's been very carefully planned out)

and to kelli - wear whatever suit you want! i've heard plenty of guys say that they couldn't care less about stretch marks and you should tan all over!

p.s. elizabeth - so glad i found your card in my jeans! i've been thinking for the past week "what did i do with it!?" but finally found it today and checked out your site! LOVE IT! xoxo maria

Amy G. said...

I LOVE the free people rugby shirt! I want it in both colors!!

Anonymous said...

I love the swim suit and the yellow shirt on the model! I am going to keep my eye open for cute look a-likes!

Laurel said...

Oooo, I WANT that bathing suit!!! I am definitely a fan of the taffeta skirt, as well. Lovely rugby choices, Elizabeth.